Re: Excessive output quenched from "cat"

1997-08-01 19:15:00

Hi,

I originally asked:
| procmail: Excessive output quenched from "cat"
|
| The offending line in the procmailrc file is:
|
| BLOCKDOM=`cat /etc/local/mail/DeniedNames`

| Is there some way I can easily increase this value that procmail uses to
| determine "Excessive output"?

Yes; change the value of LINEBUF.  It defaults to 2048 (unless changed at
compile time) but can be reset in an rcfile.

This worked.  Thanks.

However, there might be anohter way to handle what you're doing, depending on
what that might be.  I get the feeling that perhaps the file can be egrepped
for a pattern that matches the sender, and then you wouldn't need to hold its
entire contents in a variable.

----- Forwarded message from W. Wesley Groleau x4923 -----
To be more specific, if you are trying something like

:0
* $BLOCKDOM
{ <deny_access> }

Then you might try instead

:0
* ? fgrep -i -f /etc/local/mail/DeniedNames
{ <deny_access> }

But as someone else said, if you are trying to do it system-wide (as
is implied by " /etc "), then you should try to have sendmail do it
upstream of procmail.
----- End of forwarded message from W. Wesley Groleau x4923 -----

I would much rather do it with sendmail somehow, and ideally I would
like to find a way of doing this regex matching during the SMTP/ESMTP
transation, *before* the message is accepted by my machines.

I just posted this to comp.mail.sendmail: