Re: Excessive output quenched from "cat" -- sendmail solution?

1997-08-01 19:20:00

Hi,

I am also doing some blocking by using these sendmail check_* rules,
the problem is that many times the spammer sites bounce their mail
off of other non-spammer sites, or have other identifying header lines
which are not checked with the current sendmail check_* rules, but which
I can very reliably catch with procmail.

Many spams have an "X-UIDL:" header, while no legitimate mail should
ever have this line, so it sure would be nice to be able to block all
mail with "X-UIDL:" in the headers.  (Stupid spamming software uses this
to try to get around certain mail-reader filter programs.)

as are any "Received:" lines with cyberpromo in them, etc....

See my other note about this.  Hope it's clearer.

-Mark

----- Forwarded message from Chris D. Halverson -----