Re: Procmail with Spambouncer Question

1997-08-02 10:16:00
        Author: Ray Curtis <ray(_at_)fred(_dot_)net>
        Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 09:01:30 -0400

Here is the filter I am using:

:0:
* ^(Cc|To|From|Resent-From|Resent-To).*.redhat.*list*
| $FORMAIL -A"X-SpamBouncer: REDHAT-LIST" >>$MAILDIR/redhat.mbox

$DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/ray

I guess I am missing something here, but I am trying to direct
any mail from the redhat lists to the redhat.mbox.

1) make sure you have FORMAIL=/path/to/formail somewhere near the top of
your .procmailrc

2) try this:

:0w: redhat.lock
* ^(Cc|To|From|Resent-From|Resent-To).*.redhat.*list*
| $FORMAIL -A"X-SpamBouncer: REDHAT-LIST" >>$MAILDIR/redhat.mbox

the 'w' flag checks the exit code of formail, which is what you want with
most programs you call with a | but it is not the default because some
programs do not exit with the right exit code.

Specifying the lockfile by name (ie redhat.lock or whatever) should get rid
of that error message.

3) $DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/ray: the $DEFAULT should be set automatically by
the system, and I, personally, would rather use this:

:0fhw
| formail -I"X-SpamBouncer: Default"

and then just let it go to your default, rather than using formail and >> to
send it there....

NB: you do have SHELL=/bin/sh at the top of your .procmailrc, right?

I am new to procmail, so please be gentle, if I have done something
really dumb here.

It is a pretty gentle list, with a pretty high newbie tolerance, thank God.
I've gotten a lot of help here....

TjL