Re: Ok.....so I need help.

1997-08-02 13:44:00
Tim Bynum asked,

| I've been playing with this for an hour and I can't get it to work, so I
| guess I need some help.

Well, for one thing you are reinventing the wheel, because a sample file-
server is in the procmailex(5) man page.

|         :0 ah
|                 cat -c ./$FILENAME 2>&1 | $SENDMAIL -t

Try a pipe symbol before "cat"; without it you are saving to a folder named
$MAILDIR/cat and the rest of the line becomes nonsense to procmail.

Now, that's the reason for those particular error messages, but, the code has
other problems that will show up as you fix each thing and procmail gets to
see the next one, so the best advice I can give is to use the code in the
procmailex(5) man page instead of writing your own from scratch.