Re: Servers That Strip X-Loop:

1997-08-07 07:15:00
Paul O Bartlett writes:

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Michael Stone wrote:

 > [multilevel quotes snipped]
Another thing you might try is having sendmail send back an error
status rather than actually mailing a response.

    I have seen the EXITCODE variable in the man pages, but I
do not know where to find a list of these codes.  Is there one
that specifically means "message refused"?  If so, is it still
necessary in a recipe to deliver the message to /dev/null, say,
or does setting the exit code take care of that?

 The exit codes are normally defined in /usr/include/sysexits.h.

 I don't like EXITCODE, though, because the bounced email msgs
 will expose your .forward to the sender/spammer/whatever. Instead,
 I'm using formail to mimic a mailer daemon bounce.