Re: how to modify the body?

1997-08-07 16:48:00

I love these kinds of questions: there's a simple direct translation
from the description to the recipe(s), so I don't have to guess at
what the questioner intended.  Thank you, sir, for your clarity of
question.

"Tomas Karlsson" <webmaster(_at_)iimagers(_dot_)com> writes:
I was wondering if there is a simple way to extract the body of an
email, and add a some text in the begining of that email body

No need to extract:

        :0 fb
        | echo "some text"; cat -

OR

        :0 fb
        | cat $HOME/some-file -

The minus-signs are critical.

and then send that email back to the sender with the modified body
message.

        :0
        * ! ^FROM_DAEMON
        * ! ^X-Loop: webmaster(_at_)iimager(_dot_)com
        | formail -rtkb -A"X-Loop: webmaster(_at_)iimager(_dot_)com" \
                | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS -t

If you only want to do this autoreplying under certain conditions, wrap
the above three recipes in a nested block:

        :0
        * some-condition
        * another
        {