Outgoing mail filters

1997-08-08 01:01:00
Is it possible somehow to use procmail as an outgoing mail
filter?  For example, I have a bash shell script which I've
written that is ran from cron every 10 minutes which chooses a
random line out of a "tagline" file that I've created, and then
adds it to the bottom of my .signature.

This is not the most advanced type of program, but has served my
purposes so far.  However, now I'd like to make custom
.signatures for different mailing lists, newsgroups, etc.  For
example:  no signature on news postings - to prevent spam

Another thing I'd like to have automated is when posting news,
that my "From:" line be changed to:

mharris(_at_)blackwidow(_dot_)nospam(_dot_)saultc(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca

I use PINE as my mailer, and I'd preferably like my signature to
pop up into PINE's editor but it isn't totally necessary.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Mike A. Harris        |  Homepage:  http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris
Computer Consultant   |  Am I online? -  finger or ping capslock.dyn.ml.org
My dynamic address: http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris/ip-address.html
Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell: The #1 Late Night talk radio program.