Re: you know you depend on procmail when

1997-08-11 12:56:00

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Eli the Bearded wrote:

  You notice your four-line-per-message logfile has grown to
  over ten megs.

heh he.. done that.

  You break your rc file up into several smaller ones just
  because its size was unwieldy.

just this weekend, actually.

  You are archiving the procmail list for future reference.

Um.... 16 megs I think?  About 7k messages...

  "procmail -m proc-newsrc" is now your newsreader's default
  article saver.

Ooh... interesting.... to remove spam from Usenet?  Hadn't even thought of
that one...

  You use your own procmail binary rather than the system one
  for added functionality.

Well, I haven't embedded perl into mine, but I use my own because my ISP
is using 3.10 and I
        a) want to make sure the binary doesn't move/vanish
        b) use 3.11pre4 or pre7

One more to add to your list:

        You spend Saturday afternoon 'load balancing' the procmailrcs
        on your ISP account and the procmailrcs on your personal
        machine

TjL