Re: Invalid message-ids

1997-08-12 11:57:00
At 10:46 AM 8/12/97 -0700, Professional Software Engineering - Lists
account wrote:

Yep, I'm replying to myself...

An entirely reasonable reason for a messageid not to match the domain is

Another one struck me also - client software can generate the messageid,
and in the case of something like Eudora Pro (which I use for POP mail), it
apparently makes the messageid domain a function of the POP3 host (which
again, isn't necessarily the same as the FROM address).

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395