Re: Not throw error if pipe dies.

1997-08-13 21:07:00
I have a script that processes mail after procmail sorts it. If it
sees certain things in the file it does not have to parse the rest. I
would like to exit at that point but procmail thinks that the pipe has
failed and then sends the mail to the default rule. I rather not have
to read the whole file if I deem the rest to be garbage.

It sounds like your program is exiting before reading the entire
contents of the stdout pipe from procmail.  Procmail normally considers
this an "error", but if it is okay, you can tell procmail to ignore it,
by using the "i" flag on the recipe.

Otherwise, we need more information.
Alan Stebbens <aks(_at_)sgi(_dot_)com>      http://reality.sgi.com/aks