Building Semi-Moderation in SmartList...

1997-08-13 21:44:00

As if I weren't already in way over my head, I'd like to put together
semi-moderation (that being, subscribers are not moderated by default but
this can be rescinded, and non-subscribers are always moderated). Has
anybody already done this? If not, does this look sensible:

--in SmartList/bin/subscribe, when new subscribers are added to dist also
add them to file self-moderated.

   (It would be great if there could be conditions here, i.e.
   (_dot_)*(_at_)aol(_dot_)com is not added to self-moderated and is therefore
   moderated until we trust him not to make an ass of himself.
   But messing with bin/subscribe scares me.)

--in rc.submit, before checking for an Approved: field, check the sender
against self-moderated (aping the multigram check against dist that we
aren't using because foreign-submit is set). If match, add appropriate

Or should I go about it some other way?

--Ken
           68 Westy, Admin -- type2 -- The VW Bus Mailing List