Re: Simple procmail question.

1997-08-14 13:03:00
"Jason Bassford" <jasonb(_at_)dante(_dot_)com> writes:
      As part of my firewall I'm trying to get Server A to automatically
forward all incoming email to Server B.

Server A (user(_at_)domain(_dot_)com)  ->  Server B
(user(_at_)domain(_dot_)com)

      (Server A is the Internet valid primary nameserver for the domain,
Server B is the Internet invalid primary nameserver which will be used
internal to the company.  Server A will have no usernames or
passwords, passing everything on to Server B prior to any other mail
processing.)

Something like thus should be done at the sendmail level, not via
procmail.  Indeed, since Server A has no user accounts, you would have
to tweak the sendmail.cf to convince it to pass anything to procmail to
start with.  Might as well do it correctly, since it'll be much easier,
faster, cleaner, and maintainable.  Check out the cf/README file in the
sendmail source tree about generating the sendmail.cf that you'll
need.

Philip Guenther