Re: Vacation prgram with procmail

1997-08-15 01:12:00
On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 11:51:31 -0400,
nauss(_at_)beryllium(_dot_)crs(_dot_)uc(_dot_)edu
(Jeffrey L. Nauss) wrote:
On Aug 14,  5:37pm, era eriksson wrote:
nauss(_at_)beryllium(_dot_)crs(_dot_)uc(_dot_)edu (Jeffrey L. Nauss) wrote:
simple question: Will the UNIX vacation program run with procmail?
If not, what are other people using?
Sure it will.
:0
| vacation # ... switches
I'm a newbie so speak real s-l-o-w. :-)
I assume this is in the rc.maillists file? Correct me if the
interpretation is wrong. The :0 means a recipe. Then everything
gets piped into the vacation program. How does this affect if any
the other recipes in the rc.maillists file?

What rc.maillists file?

Yes, everything gets piped to vacation. If you'd also like to keep a
copy ,-) use a :0c flag on this recipe.
  You should place this reasonably late in your .procmailrc so as not
to reply to mailing lists etc.

And you know about Alan's library already.
No, I don't think so.  Where is it?  I can't seem to find it in the FAQ.

Which FAQ? :-)

It was mentioned here on this list on the same day you posted your
question. You'll find it at
    <http://reality.sgi.com/aks/mail/procmail-lib.html>

Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
Grammer flames are so pedantic. :-)

I wish you could say the same about the grammar flamer himself ...

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>