Re: -m and ! -oi -f"$@" and sendmail

1997-08-16 21:38:00
Lon <lon(_at_)ro(_dot_)com> writes:
I am trying to call procmail through the sendmail as described in the
procmail man page.
I have the following in S0 of the sendmail.cf of the receiving machine:
Your sendmail rules look good.

and a mailer:

Mprocmail,      P=/usr/bin/procmailn, F=mSDFMhun, S=11, R=21,
       A=procmail -m $h $f $u

Depending on what version of sendmail this is and what the rest of the
sendmail.cf says, you may be missing flags and the S and R directives
may be wrong.  You should probably add the 'f' flag to the F directive,
though it's not related to your problem.

In /etc/procmailrcs/test.rc I have:

LOGFILE=/etc/procmailrcs/PROCLOG
VERBOSE=yes

:0:
*^.*test
/var/spool/mail/test

The "^.*" does nothing, so you might as well toast it.

:0
! -oi -f"$@"

Newer procmail's (3.11pre*) include the -oi automatically via the
SENDMAILFLAGS variable.  Thus the duplicates below.

Problem:
/etc/procmailrcs was accidentally disabled in version 3.10 and that you
would have to get a patch.

The exact HISTORY file entry reads:

       - Regression bug since v3.06, procmail -m /etc/procmailrcs
         didn't allow any arguments to be passed, fixed

Instead of getting the patch I downloaded and compiled version 3.11pre4.

As long as you were bothering you should have gone all the way to pre7.

Now the recipient gets the message.  However, the sender gets a copy of
the message sent back to him.  The best I can figure from the logfile is
that sendmail is possibly interpreting the -f"$@" as the sender and as
recipient.

That would be one broken sendmail.  Have you examined the sendmail log
entries as the message passes back and forth between sendmail and
procmail?

Below is the log using ver 3.11.

procmail: [3840] Sat Aug 16 19:07:16 1997
procmail: No match on "^.*test"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -oi -f"