Re: how to process outgoing mail using bcc?

1997-08-17 16:14:00
Paul Teasdel <paul(_at_)cyberdream(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:
I have tried several different ways to achieve this but still haven't
got it right.  I am trying to categorize outgoing mail by bcc'ing all
outgoing mail to myself and then processing it with procmail.  This is
what I think *should* work but it's passing the whole message through
on the first match when I think it should only be passing the body of
the message.  Due to this the whole thing doesn't work.
:0HBb

The b, h, f, i, w, W, and r flags have no effect on the outer recipe of
a nested block.  They have to be placed on whatever sub-recipe is
actually doing the action to be affected by the flag.  In this case,
every sub-recipe needs the flag.

However, since you're apparently using MH, why don't you just use a
Fcc: header and have MH handle it directly and about a million times
more efficiently?

Philip Guenther