procmailrc

1997-08-18 16:41:11
Hi I just joined the list, I tried to used procmail but it don't work
when I put the forward file in my directory I don't get any mail, I
got a message from a mailinglist that I joined telling me that many
messages where returned back, any ideas?

this is the headers from that mailing list;

From BCGANG(_at_)aol(_dot_)com Mon Aug 18 19:35:03 1997
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 18:19:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: BCGANG(_at_)aol(_dot_)com
To: grief-widowed(_at_)mailserv(_dot_)ic(_dot_)net
Subject: She quit !!!

I haved included my procmailrc file too;
Thanks

#Set on when debugging
VERBOSE=on

#Shell used to run procmail.
SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh

#Path for your programs
PATH=$HOME/usr/local/bin

#you'd better make sure this directory exists
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

#default incoming mailbox for shell
DEFAULT=$HOME/inbox

#Logs message disposition
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmail/log

#useful for autoreply recipes.
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail

#also useful for autoreply recipes.
FORMAIL=/usr/local/bin/formail

#Needed to keep Procmail from choking on large lists of spam sites.
LINEBUF=16384

#Directory where Spam Bouncer files are located
SBDIR=$HOME/.procmail/

#for bounced mail, mail from root, postmaster, abuse
ADMINFOLDER=$MAILDIR/admin.incoming

#for suspicious mail, but possibly not spam
BLOCKFOLDER=$MAILDIR/block.incoming

#for bulk mail which appears legitimate
BULKFOLDER=$MAILDIR/bulk.incoming

#change this to SPAMFOLDER=/dev/null to delete spam entirely
SPAMFOLDER=$MAILDIR/spam.incoming

# These variables are needed only if you are installing the full version of the
# Spam Bouncer.

#Alternate "From" line for autoreplies
ALTFROM=login(_at_)otherdomain(_dot_)com

#Password for users to bypass spam filtering
BYPASSWD=miamor

#Variable to check for mailing loops when autoreplying leave as is.
NOLOOP=$ALTFROM

:0c
mail/backup

:0 ic
| cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,100d`

:0:
*^Subject:.*test
mail/testing

# Nuke duplicate messages
:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| $FORMAIL -D 8192 msgid.cache

# Regenerate "From" lines to make sure they are valid
:0 fhw
| formail -I "From " -a "From "

# Send bounced mail and mail from admin accounts to its own folder
:0:
* (^FROM_MAILER|\
   ^From.*[^0-9A-Za-z]abuse@|\
   ^From.*[^0-9a-zA-Z]spam@)
| $FORMAIL -A"X-Sorted: Admin" >>$ADMINFOLDER

# MAILING LISTS

# Filter out mail from all mailing lists you are on =before= spam
# filtering.  I included two I subscribe to and recommend highly, but
# your list will doubtless be different.  Just duplicate the recipe
# for each mailing list you are on, and put the correct address for
# the list in the condition statement.  (The "* ^TO" part.)  If you
# read mail on shell, you may find it easier to deliver this mail
# to separate folders, especially for busy lists.  I do. :)

# List Mom mail (GREAT list for mailing list managers)
:0:
* ^TOgrief-widowed(_at_)mailserv(_dot_)ic(_dot_)net
| $FORMAIL -A"X-Sorted: Bulk" >>$BULKFOLDER

# Procmail list (Wonderful for new Procmail users!)
:0:
* ^TOprocmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
| $FORMAIL -A"X-Sorted: Bulk" >>$BULKFOLDER

# Call the Spam Bouncer (lite version) to filter remaining mail for spam.
INCLUDERC=$SBDIR/splite.rc

# Call the Spam Bouncer to filter remaining mail for spam.
# (Comment out the statement above, and uncomment this one, if you prefer
# the full version.)
#INCLUDERC=$SBDIR/spam.rc

# Sort out mail that really is to you from mail Bcc'd to you, or mail
# which doesn't have any of your email addresses on the To: or Cc: line.
# (Best Internet users -- I recommend =NOT= putting your
# login(_at_)shellx(_dot_)best(_dot_)com,
login(_at_)nntp?(_dot_)best(_dot_)com, or
login(_at_)shell#(_dot_)ba(_dot_)best(_dot_)com
# addresses in here if you post to Usenet from shell, since they appear in
# those posts, and spammers tend to collect them. :()
#
# This does =wonders= in keeping spam from appearing in your personal
# mail. :)
#
# Substitute your shell account email address, custom domain, and any other
email
# address you may have for the entries below.
:0:
* ^(To:|Cc:).*(scorpio1(_at_)interport(_dot_)net|\)
| $FORMAIL -A"X-Sorted: Default" >>$DEFAULT

# Deliver email which passed spam filtering, but which wasn't sent to
# a recognizable personal email address of yours, to your "bulk mail"
# folder, for reading on a less-urgent basis.
:0:
| $FORMAIL -A"X-Sorted: Bulk" >>$BULKFOLDER

# Done :)