procmailrc

1997-08-20 11:55:14

My procmail still not working, I took almost everything from the
procmailrc file now to see if it work, and when I send messages to my
self with the subject:test it goes to a folder testing, when I send
regular messages without the subject:test it goes to my INBOX folder,
but if I send a message to a mailling list so I can get it back to me
I don't get anything, probably some of you got my messages with the
subject:test but I don't got anything, maybe it has to do with my ISP
because I was reading something about it and I'm going to quote it,
and after that goes my procmailrc and forward files,
thanks to all

"Another "mysterious" condition to watch out for is when mail is
actually usually processed on a different host than the one where you
installed Procmail. One of the usual symptoms is that you can send
yourself test messages which get processed by Procmail, but mail from
the outside world bypasses Procmail completely or doesn't even get
delivered. (Mail to the local host from yourself usually gets
processed locally, whereas outside mail always comes via the mail
server. If the mail server is a different architecture, or can't mount
your home directory, or whatever, you will have problems. Ask your
site admin for help.)  * A good safety measure is to put SHELL=/bin/sh
right at the top of your .procmailrc.

The official location of this page is
http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html please use this
redirector URL instead of whatever it happens to point to when making
references to this page.

         _______________procmailrc________________________________

#Shell used to run procmail.
SHELL=/usr/bin/sh

#Set on when debugging
VERBOSE=on

#Path for your programs
PATH=$HOME/usr/local/bin

#you'd better make sure this directory exists
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

#Logs message disposition
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmail/log

#useful for autoreply recipes.
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail

#also useful for autoreply recipes.
FORMAIL=/usr/local/bin/formail

#Needed to keep Procmail from choking on large lists of spam sites.
LINEBUF=16384

#Variable to check for mailing loops when autoreplying leave as is.
NOLOOP=$ALTFROM

:0 c
$HOME/mail/backup

# Regenerate "From" lines to make sure they are valid
:0 fhw
| formail -I "From " -a "From "

:0:
* ^Reply-To:.*grief-widowed
$HOME/mail/widow

:0:
* ^TOgrief-widowed(_at_)mailserv\(_dot_)ic\(_dot_)net
$HOME/mail/widow

:0:
* ^Subject:.*test
$HOME/mail/testing

# Procmail list (Wonderful for new Procmail users!)
:0:
* ^TOprocmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
| $FORMAIL -A"X-Sorted: Bulk" >>$MAILDIR/proc

                       ______forward______

"|IFS=` ` && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #scorpio1"