Problem with recipe; help needed!

1997-08-20 11:49:51
Hey all...

I just discovered that the first recipe of my junk email filter does not
work.  (The filter has some redundancy so I didn't realize it was
nonfunctional until a few days ago.)  Here it is; can anyone tell me how
to fix it?

# JunkFilter
# a junkmail filter system for procmail

LINEBUF=32768       # Expand LINEBUF to deal with long domain lists.

# This section takes lists of domains, concatenates them and checks against
# the full list.  It requires a long LINEBUF but makes overall better sense
# because perl is only invoked once per mail rather than multiple times.
DOMAINS=`cat $PMDIR/domains/* | perl -p0e 's/\012(.)/\|$1/g; s/\./\\./g'`
:0
*
^(((Resent-)?From|(X-)?Sender|Reply-To|Return-Path):?.*@(.*\.)*|Received:.*\<)$($DOMAINS)
{ SPAMMER="unauthorized domain" }

# EOF

I have also tried it without the $ that is before ($DOMAINS) in the line
above.  The domains files being checked are J.D. Falk's domains
(available at ftp://ftp.cybernothing.org/pub/abuse/) and after
processing by perl, look like this:

dom1.com|dom2.com|dom3.com|dom4.com|etc...

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

GReg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com                "You uudecode it."

Junk Email Filter for procmail:  http://www.pobox.com/~gsutter/junkmail/