Re: Modifying message, continuing as normal

1997-08-19 12:47:42
Quoting Matt Armstrong (matta(_at_)geoworks(_dot_)com):
I'd like to do something like:

:0:
* Content-Type:.*enriched/text
| my-strip-enriched-executable

But I'd like it to be a non-delivering recipe (but instead a
"modifying" recipe).

OTTOMH:

  :0 fHw
  * Content-Type:.*enriched/text
  | formail -I "Content-Type: text/plain" | mystripexec

Note that you don't need a lock file as there isn't any danger from
contention. I'm also assuming that the content type is correct; I'm
not familiar with a mime type "enriched/text". Unless you are trying
to match things like "this is real enriched/text" I'd also recommend
changing the .* to "[   ]+" where there is a space and a tab between
the brackets. I can't remember offhand whether having two pipes like
this is legal; you might have to wrap that expression in parentheses
or break it into two:

  :0 fHw
  * Content-Type:.*enriched/text
  | formail -I "Content-Type: text/plain"

  :0 Afw
  | mystripexec

In this case, the second condition executes if the first was true.

Mike Stone

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone(_at_)itri(_dot_)loyola(_dot_)edu            finger, or email with