procmail & netscape

1997-08-20 14:56:38
Sorry for asking an oft repeated question, but I've searched the FAQs
and the archives but I find no real answers.

I would like to integrate Netscape and procmail.  When e-mail was text
only, I used to make the LOGFILE the mail file so that when I got new
mail I would invoke mail and have 1 mail message, the log, which would
tell me what came in from where and where it went.

I have set up procmail on my new machine except I'm using Netscape as my
mail reader, and the idiots there have made the Inbox some sort of goofy
format and now when I get mail I never know until I check each folder
explicitly.

How do I get promail to tell Netscape that I have new mail, and how do I
get the folders to update the read/unread stuff when mail comes in ?

Thanks,

Alfonso.

--
Alfonso E. Urdaneta                                 VOX: 407.729.3840
Harris Corp/Transcomm Division                      FAX: 407.729.1962

The Harris Corporation agrees with everything I say.