Piping Mail to a PERL Script

1997-08-20 16:22:55
Hello ALL,

I wonder if someone can help me with a problem I have.
I have a PERL script that requires mail to be piped to it. To use it, you
normally put a line like this in the /etc/aliases file:
info:           root, "|/usr/local/bin/mailbot.pl /mailbot/info.txt"

However, I am using Procmail for mail filtering, so is it possible to do a
similar sort of thing in a Procmail recipe, i.e. pipe the message through
the perl script mailbot.pl using /mailbot/info.txt as an argument.

Thanks in Advance

Ian

Ian Chilton
E-Mail  -->  ian(_at_)chiltons(_dot_)u-net(_dot_)com
Homepage  -->  http://www.chiltons.u-net.com/ian/index.html

I also have an Autoresponse System
Please send a blank e-mail to:  info(_at_)chiltons(_dot_)u-net(_dot_)com