I WANT YOUR SPAM: s/\/dev\/null/library-of-spam(_at_)teclata(_dot_)es/g

1997-08-20 17:11:54

Yes, it's true, I want your spam!

I'd be happy to receive any and all spam you happen across via
procmail recipes. Replace this:

  :0
  * spam conditions
  /dev/null

with this

  :0
  * spam conditions
  ! spam(_at_)teclata(_dot_)es

or, for the frivolous, library-of-spam(_at_)teclata(_dot_)es

Yes, that's right folks, I want your spam. I'm going to collect spam
for a while. I'm going to write some spamometer functions to recognize
this stuff based on the message bodies (though I do want your headers
too).

Also, if you currently have files of collected spam lying around, and
you don't mind parting with them, please send them on too. You could
do this with

formail -s sendmail -oi spam(_at_)teclata(_dot_)es < spam-mailbox-file

Why???

One of my plans is to feed the messages (perhaps bodies, perhaps
headers, perhaps both) to a neural net and/or classification programs
& do supervised learning. The evidence that comes from these can then
be used by the spamometer. Even if a neural net were only 50%
accurate, it would be useful when combined with evidence from other
sources.  Plus, I want to tune some simpler spam recognizers that
operate on mail bodies (looking for !'s, $'s and words like earn,
money, mlm and so on).

But to do all this, I need your spam (baby). All of it.

I'll happily make all the spam I receive available to the world. As if
we weren't awash with it in the first place.

Thanks!

Terry.