Re: recipies

1997-08-21 02:09:34
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:41:59 +0200, Riaan Venter
<riaan(_at_)megafreight(_dot_)co(_dot_)za> wrote:
I hope someone can help. Looks like I just cannot find the right urls for
recipies on procmail.

I have a number of links and a couple of canned searches up at
  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html>
Maybe this can help?

1.Our users are limited by space in their mailboxes. When mail comes in and
the mail file is too big or the user's maibox is full, then it create a
message that user's quota is exceeded and it mails it back to the sender.
The problem is thatit also mail the attatchment back aswell. I want to send
an e-mail (vi procmailrc) to the sender and inform then that the mail was
either too bigof that the users mailbox is full and then delete the message
on our side.

This doesn't sound like a particularly good idea. Do you want to be
responsible for losing other people's mail? Including the original
message in the auto-response guarantees that there is a copy left
somewhere, which can then be retried somehow. (You might include a
text that it could be wiser to put the attachment up for ftp and send
a short announcement to the recipient instead, though ;-)

2. I also want to create a global e-mail that will be send out to a sender
when any new mail arrive for a user to inform the sender that the message
was delivered. That must only happen when the sended requested a request
for delivery.

There are standard procedures for this as well. Doesn't your MTA honor
DSN requests?

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>