sending mail though another account

1997-08-22 12:26:37

I have two e-mail accounts.  One is a cc:Mail account here at work and the other
one is a Unix account (where I have procmail) that is personal.  I already have
it setup to forward everything from my personal account to my work account.  I
would like to send all outgoing mail from my unix account, but don't know
exactly how to do that.  This is what I do know.

I know that I should be able to setup procmail to detect any mail coming from my
other account.  If it is formatted the correct way, procmail can find out who
the REAL recipient is, strip the mail of any reference to my work account, and
send the mail out from the unix account so that everyone things it came from the
unix account.

I was thinking that I would put a keyword like RELAY in the subject then the
real e-mail address, a space, and then the real subject.  I don't know what nor
how to rip out all the reference to the word e-mail account nor do I know
exactly how to send the mail out, I am assuming that I need to use sendmail, but
again not 100%.  Any help is appreciated!!!!

Sam Carleton
mailto:ehc(_at_)one(_dot_)net
check me out at:
http://w3.one.net/~ehc