procmail on NFS+IMAP systems

1997-08-25 12:26:24

Hi,

 I have compiled and installed procmail just fine on my home directory (as
it is not supported on my system). But there is a problem. As far as I
could figure, our network functions like this :

 I login to a set of NFS-ed servers on which my home dir. resides. The
mail arrives on a separate server which is not NFS-ed, and when pine
starts up, it reads the mailbox through IMAP protocol.

 So I think sendmail never reads the .forward file in my home directory,
as the mail is delivered on the other server, and so procmail is never
invoked at all. If procmail were called at all, there would be a log file
right? well there isn't. I am not sure how one gets around this in
procmail. Can one specify a remote mail directory as $MAILDIR ? I don't
think so, right? and even if I could, procmail is never invoked at all. So
.... HELP !!

Thanks in advance,
Gurudev
M.V.Gurudev Dutt                             1929 Plymouth Road #5017
2061 Randall Labs                            Ann Arbor MI 48105
Univ. of Michigan                            Office: (313) 764 5539
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120                      Home  : (313) 741 8742