corrupt mail from procmail/SmartList

1997-08-28 15:37:50
G'day procmail gurus,

        Since setting up procmail/SmartList I have had a couple of problems.

        1/      I have a mailing list that uses the feature where the list
        maintainer receives notification of subscritions and unsubscriptions.

        ie cc_requests = yes , cc_unsubrequests = yes in rc.custom

        What is happening on the odd occasion is that this mail, although it has
        a subject as edited by the list subscriber/unsubscriber, contains other
        mail in the body. That is, the body of the mail reaching the list
        maintainer contains the body of other mail not at all connected with
        the mailing list in question or any other mailing list. The result is
        that I get mail with a subject about new subscriptions/unsubscriptions
        but with a body of some other mail message. The header part of the other
        mail message is lost.

        Is this a problem in procmail, SmartList or sendmail and can anybody
        offer suggestions of how I might fix this ?

        2/      I seem to be having trouble getting foreign_submit working
        properly. I have foreign_submit = no in rc.custom and I have delinked
        dist from accept. Only sometimes can those in the accept file make
        submissions to the mailing list.

        Small mail messages seem to get through. Larger ones do not ( less than
        500K though ). Recently a submission amde it to only one person on the
        list ( everone on the list is currently internal so this was easy to
        establish ). The only person to successfully receive the submission was
        just a regular subscriber - not the maintainer and not the one
        submitting the message to the list.

        Is this just a submission size limitation that I can reconfigure or do
        I have some other problem ?

        Any suggestions would be appreciated.

David Gosbee
Unix System Admin - Colonial State Bank Treasury
Sydney, Australia
email: david(_at_)rufus(_dot_)state(_dot_)com(_dot_)au