Most efficient recipe [was: syntax enhancement dreams]

1997-08-29 11:28:07
terry jones <terry(_at_)chiliad(_dot_)teclata(_dot_)es> wrote:

David W Tamkin <dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com> writes:
My sole argument for advocating the latter form is to save
forking perl when you're already running procmail.

OK, I'm with you all the way on this. If you can avoid forking
processes I think that's great...

Which gets into something I've been wondering:  suppose one is on three
mailing lists which procmail will sort to a special file.  My
understanding of what's been said is that it's faster for procmail to do
this internally, i.e.:

:0:
* (\