newbie needs aliasing help

1997-08-29 11:40:08
Well, I've put off submitting my question here long enough.  I've been
monitoring the email here for about a month and I don't feel like my
question has been hit upon, probably because it is a newbie question.
Nevertheless I have visited the FAQ's and the links page and they don't
seem to hit upon my question, again probably because it is so basic and
simple, or maybe I didn't look in the right places. Oh well here it
goes-

I have been using procmail for a few months to simply alias email
addresses from my domain and forward them to individual pop accounts:

:0
^TO.*username@
! username(_at_)domain(_dot_)net

This allows me to give my friends an email address with my domain and
forward their mail to their normal email account.

The problem -- when people sign up for a mailing list "like this one for
example" the To: field doesn't contain the recipients username as I'm
sure your all aware.

How do I forward a message that has a "Mail-For:
<username(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com>" in the header?
Better yet what about headers like this list that don't have the
username in the headers at all???

Your Humble Servant-

Ken Blansette