Re: procmail flag vars && awk?

1997-09-01 15:17:53
Luke Davis <ldavis(_at_)voicenet(_dot_)com> writes:
I am using an awk script to process some data under procmail.
I am aware that procmail uses '$1', '$2', etc. for passing options; but I
do not use them.

Question:

Will:

:0?
* ?
| awk - -e '{print $1}'

Work in procmail, or will I need to escape the "$", in order for awk to
work correctly, as this command would on the standard command line?

It should work correctly.  Procmail uses the standard Bourne shell
quoting semantics, therefore since the $1 is in single quotes, it won't
be expanded.

Philip Guenther