Re: Unidentified subject!

1997-09-01 15:32:42
On Mon, 1 Sep 1997, Tim wrote:

At 10:04 AM 9/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
Procmailers,

I have been receiving an increasing amount of unsolicited email with
the From field containing all numbers before the '@', example:

  From: 03195750(_at_)msn(_dot_)com

I tried to puzzle out the regular expression syntax but could not find a
way to detect 'everything between From: and @ is all numbers'

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

The irony here is that I never saw his posting since he forged his address
in this fashion.

This was *just* covered on the list a few days ago.

      :0
      * ^From: [0-9]+@

An improvement being:

        * ^(From|(Reply-)?To):[         ][0-9]+@

Keeping in mind that there really are some people in the world
who use all numeric ids legitmately.  i.e., these are two users on Netcom:

        007
        0508318

--
The price of seeking to force our beliefs on others is that someday
they might force their beliefs on us.