Re: Duh...

1997-09-03 08:32:17
"Michael C. Tiernan" <mtiernan(_at_)bbn(_dot_)com> writes:
[...]
:0
# [C] This should test for the header line "X-Loop....." as defined above.
*!^$X_LOOP
      # [D] If not found, add it in...
      formail -A $X_LOOP
[...]
      Step [C] seems to have some trouble of which I'm trying to
      narrow down.  I'm worried that it might have been a mistype
      on my part but it seems to NEVER expand the variable X_LOOP.

Variable expansion is only inside condition if the condition has a leading
dollarsign.  You should therefore change the condition to read:

        * $ ! ^$X_LOOP

      Step [D] seems to work fine (although I might have had the
      $X_LOOP expansion inside double quotes (ie "$X_LOOP")

It won't work without the double quotes.

      Is this covered in a FAQ I've missed?  (If so, my apologies.)

Check out the procmail (not so) mini-FAQ at:
        http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html

Philip Guenther