RE: auto procmail setup script - prepend (fwd)

1997-09-04 08:21:23
----------
From:         Joel Bremson[SMTP:staffjb(_at_)hooked(_dot_)net]

As I am learning Perl and curious about procmail I thought it would be
fun
to write a procmail installer for users. [...]
I'm interested in hearing any suggestions or comments you might have.

#!/usr/bin/perl5

[snippage]

open (FORWARD,">.forward")||die "error opening .forward:$!\n";
print FORWARD qq@"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75
#$name" @;

[snippage]

The only comment I have is that you should not assume any particular
location for the procmail executable. Many people run it from a bin dir
in their home directory.  Even if it has been installed "globally", it
might not be located in /usr/local/bin...

You should probably investigate using the output of the which command
to get the path to the executable.

Simeon