Re: auto procmail setup script - prepend (fwd)

1997-09-04 16:23:32
On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, era eriksson wrote:

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 11:20:58 -0400, "Nevel, Simeon"
<Simeon(_dot_)Nevel(_at_)Schwab(_dot_)COM> wrote:
 > You should probably investigate using the output of the which command
 > to get the path to the executable.

... which is not portable, either. (which is actually usually a csh
script and as such subject to whatever happens in your .cshrc if you
have one. Anyway, the directory structure on the mail processing host
might be very different from what you have on the host where you get
an interactive login. My University actually has Procmail in
/etc/local/bin or something on the mail processing host, and nowhere
near it on the interactive hosts. You can't even log in on the mail
processing host to find out what's available [unless you cheat and run
small shell scripts from your .procmailrc :-])

Indeed. A 'which procmail' off the users host will return 'Command Not
Found" if procmail is installed only on the mail server. A good point
though I'm going to change the path to a variable so it can be easily
swapped. I'm also going to have the forward checked out to make sure the
user hasn't already tried to install procmail or have a \username in it.

Joel Bremson
Support Team Leader
Whole Earth Networks
staffjb(_at_)wenet(_dot_)net