Re: Modifying a message within procmailrc

1997-09-04 14:53:31
Update:

I was told to use

:0
* ! already-processed-flag
| program | $SENDMAIL -oi myname(_at_)mysite(_dot_)com

I verified from the command line

   program < message > message.modified
   diff message message.modified

that if stdin is a "normal" message, then stdout is the message with the
extra header added and no other changes.  So I wonder whether a better
approach would be

:0 fhw
| program | $SENDMAIL -oi myname(_at_)mysite(_dot_)com

Actually, the recommended approach does not seem to work.  I added the 'c'
flag because I was suspicious.  Result: I get two log files for each
message, but the only copy I ever see is the unmodified one.

I did a lot of experimentation.  If I followed the directions exactly, I lost
all mail.
If I added the 'c' flag, i.e.,

:0c
| program | $SENDMAIL -oi myname(_at_)mysite(_dot_)com

then I only received the unmodified copy.

If I used the  fhw  flags, everything worked as expected.