Re: send X-Advertizement to /dev/null

1997-09-04 20:08:59
On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Timothy J Luoma wrote:

I want to put all X-Adverizement e-mails to /dev/null. I do not want to
even bouce it.

Not exactly a new idea... in fact 2 messages before yours included this same
idea....

:0

no need for a lockfile on /dev/null, but you might want to be careful with
the spelling of ``Advertisement''.

Indeed.  There are some folks out there who appear to have used the same
spelling manual I did when growing up.  :) So far, this has not let
anything past mine:

* ^X-Advertis(e)?ment

--
Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming
        Never test for an error condition you don't know how to