Re: duplicates and delivery problems

1997-09-05 01:06:35
On 5 Sep 1997 10:53:40 +0300, I wrote:
Also, how high can I safely set the "maxlen" argument to
formail -D to?  8192 seems too low to me, and we have plenty
of disk space here.  Thanks in advance.
In a quickie test on a few thousand messages, I found the average
Message-Id length to be about XXX characters, so you could squeeze in
quite a number of them) but I suspect this relatively low number is

Argh, clumsy, I left this running while I finished the rest of the
message and then forgot about it. :-)
  Based on some 4,900 Message-Id:s I happened to have lying around,
the average Message-Id is slightly over 63 characters, meaning you
could fit about 129 of them in 8192 bytes.
  I don't think I've seen examples of bigger than 32768-byte caches
too often.

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>