Re: Mail slipping through rules?

1997-09-05 07:56:44
On Fri, 5 Sep 1997 10:03:24 -0400 (EDT), William O Ferry
<WOFerry+(_at_)CMU(_dot_)EDU> wrote:
:0c
| /usr/local/bin/ifilter
:0
| /usr/local/libexec/zpopnotify woferry

Without knowing too much about how ifilter and zpopnotify work, I'd
perhaps suggest changing the order here. It would seem that whenever
zpopnotify returns a false return code, mail would fall through. Does
it read your mail at all or do you just need to start it?

    :0ci
    |/usr/local/libexec/zpopnotify woferry

    :0  # Perhaps a "w" flag here too?
    |/usr/local/bin/ifilter
    # Now if ifilter fails, mail will still fall through,
    #  but I'd guess in fact you want that to happen.

Untested, of course. If you think the manuals are too dense, perhaps
you want to look at some of the tutorials that are available? I've got
links to quite a few at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html>

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>