Re: extracting bodies into separate files.

1997-09-05 08:05:27

| What's the easiest way to take a single-file mailfolder (of already
| received messages), and put each message body in its own file?
|
| No headers, file name doesn't matter--as long as it's unique.
| Directory for files may be in recipe.

  [ snip... solution that worked ...snip ]

The need to lose the heads and save only the bodies requires an rcfile.
If we could have kept the heads we could have done it without an rcfile:

  mkdir directory_name

  formail -ns procmail DEFAULT=directory_name/ /dev/null < folder &

This time I have a reason to keep the heads.  But the above paused for
a while, and then

procmail: Lock failure on "directory_name/.lock"

I took the trailing slash from directory_name and tried again.  This time,
no pause, no error message, and directory_name is still empty.