Re: Finding the right Received header

1997-09-08 07:38:26

Is 'print' some local version of 'echo' ?

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Timothy J Luoma quoted me:

luomat+procmail> :0c: somelock
luomat+procmail> | (print "$LOGFILE: $(egrep '^Received.*by
gw1.hughes-defense-comm.com via')") >> Entrance

'print' and 'echo' are both builtins with kornshell.  I started using
print because I mistakenly though echo was not builtin, thus less
efficient.  When I discovered my error, I decided to keep using 'print'
because in many cases, it is the more intuitive term for an English
speaker.