Recipe for To: and CC:

1997-09-09 07:47:20
This is one of my recipes in .procmailrc:

:0
* ^To:.*procmail
_Procmail

This doesn't capture messages CC'd to the procmail list.  I thought it
should have done...

[man 5 procmailrc]

MISCELLANEOUS

If the regular expression contains `^TO' it will be substituted by
`(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently(-
Resent)?)-To):(.*[^a-zA-Z])?)', which should catch all destination
specifications containing a specific word.

Thinking that case was important I changed the recipe thus:

:0
* ^TO:.*procmail
_Procmail

Now it doesn't capture To: (or CC: to the best of my knowledge).

I'm sorry if this is really simple but I have read the man pages and I
couldn't find an archive of this mailing list or a FAQ.

Regards,

Kevin.
--
Kevin Warren
[mailto:warrenkb(_at_)aom(_dot_)bt(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]

Disclaimer:  These views are mine and do not represent the opinions of
BT.