Re: Recipe for To: and CC:

1997-09-09 10:16:43
Kevin Warren <warrenkb(_at_)aom(_dot_)bt(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:
This is one of my recipes in .procmailrc:

:0
* ^To:.*procmail
_Procmail

This doesn't capture messages CC'd to the procmail list.  I thought it
should have done...

[man 5 procmailrc]

MISCELLANEOUS

If the regular expression contains `^TO' it will be substituted by
`(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently(-
Resent)?)-To):(.*[^a-zA-Z])?)', which should catch all destination
specifications containing a specific word.

Thinking that case was important I changed the recipe thus:

:0
* ^TO:.*procmail
_Procmail

Now it doesn't capture To: (or CC: to the best of my knowledge).

That's because you have too much there.  The ^TO token handles the
matching of the colon and the text up to the address, so you don't
need the ".*" either.  You should just say:

        :0
        * ^TOprocmail
        _Procmail

If that seems hard to read, then stick a pair of parens in:

        :0
        * ^TO()procmail
        _Procmail

Philip Guenther