Re: Ah lovely.... ``failure notice''

1997-09-10 11:37:44

Professional Software Engineering writes:
At 10:25 PM 9/8/97 -0400, Timothy J Luoma wrote thusly:

I've gotten THREE of these.  Anyone care to try and guess who on the list
can't be reached?

[snip]
[snip]
I'd wager lunch on the above address:  budney(_at_)daxus(_dot_)com

<red_faced_apology>

So, should Tim buy you the lunch, or should I?  I read my mail at work
on a laptop running Linux with fetchmail/qmail/procmail as my mail
agents.  Unfortunately, after upgrading my laptop to RedHat 4.2, I
tried installing the qmail rpm--with disastrous results.  This hasn't
happened on the half-dozen boxes where I installed qmail according
to the author's instructions.

Tim--you got the bounce directly because you were the envelope sender.
There's no doubt that others got bounces from me, but haven't
complained.  Please accept my humble apologies!

</red_faced_apology>

Note this is not a reflection on qmail, which is a most excellent MTA.
Len.

--
Len Budney           |  My opinions are not those of my employer,
budney(_at_)daxus(_dot_)com     |  but they certainly should be.