Newbie questions...

1997-09-11 12:17:06
Hi all,

well I'd like to setup a procmailfilter. Currently I have only ftp
access to the server...and I suppose that it's not possible to upload
dotfiles.

My question is, whether I'll only need to let the sysadmin put a
.procmailrc file into my home dir? As much as I know, the server is
running sendmail and procmail for local delivery...

Do I have to setup any PATH data, or do I just enter my recipies??
How would I setup a .procmailrc and a non dot file containing the
headers etc. to filter?

Can someone give me a recipie which would bounce the unwanted mails with
an Exitcode? As I said, we have no shell accounts due to security.

How to prevent Loops? Is there a FAQ about FROM_DAEMON, FROM_MAILER and
X-Loop??

TIA

Jacek