Re: Simple Sorting

1997-09-11 12:37:59
At 11:54 AM 9/11/97 -0700, Aaron Dougherty (Sim Master) wrote thusly:
This should be a stupid question. I'm sure I'm over looking something
here. I have a recipe that sorts all of the mail from this list to
IN.procmail, but this recipe doesn't seem to be working. And ideas why?

:0
* ^TOprocmail
IN.procmail

Should work, tho I'd add a lock since you're operating on a file.

Have you attempted to self-diagnose the problem by generating a logfile and
examining it?

# I happen to store my log in the directory with the sorted mail
# - I archive the whole lot together.
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/log

# Enable verbose logging.  This mechanism allows you to turn the verbosity
# on for just this recipe, then turn it off, or restore the state if it was
# previously on (simply doing ON/OFF isn't appropriate if it was ALREADY ON).
SAVEVERBOSE=$VERBOSE
VERBOSE=ON

# Note the lockfile switch ':'
:0:
* ^TOprocmail
IN.procmail

VERBOSE=$SAVEVERBOSE

Run it this way, or some variant, and check your log file for what it says
was matched.  You might in fact want to turn the verbose logging on at the
very top of your scripts so you can see all the handling of the messages.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395