A newbie I am.

This is what I have.  NT 4.0 system with Post.Office 2.0 on it.  This
machine is currently my SMTP/POP3 server.  Of course
I am being relayed to death (the 3.02 upgrade with the anit-relay code  is
$5 per mailbox and I have 2000+ mail boxes) - this
is of course out of my budget.  What my current stratey is:

Linux redhat system 2.0.29
procmail is in the /etc directory
I have tried various recipes, but my mail does not get delivered at all and
I can find no logs that tell me what is going wrong
I would like this to happen:  a user initiates a connection to my Linux
system (it would now be my SMTP server); procmail
will evaluate the email(s) that are sent; put them in various folders;
sendmail would then process the mail that made it to the
folders and forward to the NT system for POP3 access.  Does this make
sense?  Will this work?

I would give access to the Linux system if you want to help me work on it
... just let me know and I will give you the IP
address.  Thanks!