?s about the "^^" regexp

1997-09-16 14:36:11
I had the following in my .procmailrc trying to trap
some spam.

#Body consists entirely of html code
:0B:
* $[    ]*<html>
spamtrap

It was intended to catch spam where the body consisted of html code.

Unhappily it also trapped some mail from somebody whose mailer sends
"alternate" (I forget the MIME language for it) versions of the body,
one part plain text and the other html.

I guess the condition test is applied to *each* line of the body.

Would the following:

#Body consists entirely of html code
:0B:
* ^^[   ]*<html>
spamtrap

trap spam where the *very* first line of the body started with
"<html>"?

What, exactly, does "Anchor the expression at the very start of the
search
area..." mean when applied to "B" flag tests?

I've got this running, but I haven't gotten any alternate body part mail
lately to see if it works.

adTHANKSvance

Simeon