Simple configuration files

1997-09-16 13:53:00
I installed procmail on my linux system. I created a regular user account
on Linux to connect to my ISP. I get my mail using fetchmail. I would like
to seperate my mail into different categories. I subscribe to many mailing
lists( linux,procmail,fetchmail,humor etc. ). I also use elm as my mail
reader.

How can I seperate my mail into seperate "folders"? If I can avoid X mail
readers, it is even better. I like X windows and use lot of X apps but I
would like to remain with elm.

I looked at some of the sample files with the source. I changed the rc files
a little bit. What do I do next?

Do I start procmail as regular user?

So I need to change anything in sendmail.cf?

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA.

SubbaRao
--
subb3(_at_)ibm(_dot_)net
Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.