Re: Log file not written anymore

1997-09-16 19:55:49
Dan Kanagy wrote,

| For some reason, logs of procmail actions are not being written to my
| log file anymore, since around noon yesterday.  I haven't made any
| changes to variable definitions for some time, which are as follows.

The variable definitions Dan quoted include defining LOGFILE, but none of
them seem to set LOGABSTRACT=yes or on or true or all, and VERBOSE is
specifically off:

| VERBOSE=off

| PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail

The directory apparently does exist, because Dan specifies that the logfile's
permissions look OK (ergo the logfile exists).

| LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
| #INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.test

A commented-out INCLUDERC assignment?  Maybe that rcfile was turning on
LOGABSTRACT?

| Any ideas what might be causing my problem?  It's unnerving not to
| have a log of the actions procmail takes, even though my e-mail
| continues to be processed correctly as far as I can tell.  Personal
| e-mail ends up in my inbox, spams in the spam folder, and so on.

Since VERBOSE and LOGABSTRACT are both off, the only things that would get
logged are error messages; if there are no errors to report, there won't be
any error messages either.