Re: mucking with $LASTFOLDER

1997-09-18 07:36:35
On Mon, 8 Sep 1997 17:14:58 -0500 (CDT), dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com
(David W. Tamkin) wrote:
W. Wesley Groleau suggested to Timothy Luoma,
|    { LASTFOLDER = $MATCH }
|    :0
|    the normal action for this recipe
And that won't help either, because the "normal action" will clobber the
previous value of LASTFOLDER.  (Besides, if the normal action hasn't been
done yet, $LASTFOLDER won't contain the string "appnmail" yet.)
I have only one suggestion, and it's pretty ugly itself.  We'll make it a

Depending on what you want it for (logging?), you could do something
in TRAP:

    TRAP='echo $LASTFOLDER | sed -e "s/appnmail //" >&2'

/* era */

Finally catching up on two weeks' worth of mailing lists ... (cough)

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>