Re: mucking with $LASTFOLDER

1997-09-18 23:51:54
On Thu, 18 Sep 97 22:08:52 -0400,
Timothy J Luoma <luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org> wrote:
TRAP="echo '
FROM        $FROM
TO/CC       $TO / $CC
SUBJECT     $SUBJECT
FOLDER      $LASTFOLDER
' | sed -e 's/^FOLDER       appnmail //"
Well, I want to leave the word FOLDER just remove appnmail....

Oops :-)

but this doesn't work, as I just get a line
FOLDER
with nothing after it at all.... and I think the "'s" was supposed to be
just "s" right?

It worked fine here with the quoting I had originally used. I didn't
test this "obvious" change, regrettably, but it would actuall appear
that the order of the quotes is important. This is tested and works
for me:

TRAP='echo "
FOLDER  $LASTFOLDER
LOG     $LOGFILE
PREFIX  $PREFIX
SHELL   $SHELL
" | sed -e "s#FOLDER    /dev/#FOLDER    #g"'

I'm at loss as to why the quoting would matter at all here. Can
anybody come up with an explanation?

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>